Canton Road Construction update
ATTENTION: APPLICATIONS FOR LOCAL ROAD MATCH PROGRAM ACCEPTED JUNE 1
On June 1, Canton’s Engineering Services Division will begin accepting applications from Homeowner Associations and other interested resident groups to participate in the 2022 Local Road Match Program. All applications must be dropped of at the Engineering Services counter located on the second floor of Canton's Administration Building (1150 Canton Center Road). Applications MUST be received with a check for the matching funds and will be accepted and processed in the order they are turned in. Below are links to the application and a list of FAQs:
The following is a list of road construction projects scheduled to take place in 2021. All Canton Road Improvement Projects are funded by a road millage passed in 2018. Canton began repairs to the roads in our community in 2019 using the funding from the approved Road Millage. The intent of the Canton Road Improvement Program is to provide flexibility year-to-year to match revenues from the millage to the prioritize projects. To view a list of completed millage projects, click here Version OptionsCanton Road Construction updateHeadline.
Canton Road Improvement Projects
2021 Primary Roads:
- Canton Center: Rehabilitation and repair work from Cherry Hill to Ford Road. Construction on this project started April 19. During the first phase of this project, all traffic on Canton Center will be moved to the outside lanes while the middle three lanes are worked on. Traffic will be maintained in both directions for the duration of the project.
- Sheldon Road: Repairs from Cherry Hill to Ford Road.
- Haggerty Road: Repairs from Michigan Avenue to Van Born.
2021 Local Subdivision Match Projects:
- Century Farms
- Cherry Knoll
- Mayfair Village
- Nowland Estates
- Salem Manor
- Wilshire Estates
- Woodwind Estates
- Central Park 1
- Central Park 11
- Cobblestone Ridge
- Glengarry Village I
- Pheasant Woods
- Willow Homes
What about the potholes?
Funds generated from the road millage will not be going toward routine County or State maintenance activities (i.e. the filling of potholes, snowplowing, etc.). That work will continue to be done by Wayne County. The millage funds will be used for very specific capital projects.
2021 Wayne County Projects:
PLEASE NOTE: Any and all information will be published as soon as the County makes it available. These projects are subject to change and all questions should be directed to Wayne County by calling 313/224-7600.
- Saltz/Denton/Ridge Traffic Signal: Signal is currently under design and will be installed late this year or early in 2022.
- Cherry Hill Road (Lilley to Haggerty):Widen and HMA Resurfacing. In addition, Haggerty Road 600’ north and Cherry Hill Road 400’ south will also be widened and resurfaced. Construction on this project began April 15 and will be done in two phases:
- PHASE 1: Eastbound Cherry Hill will be closed. Traffic will be detoured northbound on Lilley Road to eastbound Ford Road to southbound Lotz Road ending the detour back at Cherry Hill. Please note, westbound Cherry Hill traffic will be maintained.
- PHASE 2: Westbound Cherry Hill will be closed. Traffic will be detoured northbound on to Lotz Road to westbound Ford Road to southbound Lilley Road ending the detour back at Cherry Hill. Please note, eastbound Cherry Hill traffic will be maintained. Construction is anticipated to be completed by late July. Please use caution when driving through work zones.
2021 MDOT PROJECTS:
- Ford/Ridge: A traffic signal retrofit is currently underway at this intersection as well as the intersection to the east of Ford/Ridge.
- Ford Road Boulevard: The Ford Road Boulevard project is also moving forward. MDOT has awarded the contract to for the Design Consultant. Public meetings on the project will begin later this year. Information will be posted on the MODT website as it becomes available.
For up-to-date road information please follow us on Facebook at Facebook.com/CantonMSD or Twitter at Twitter.com/CantonMSD.
Calculate Your Estimated Additional Cost
To determine your estimated additional cost of this Road Millage, multiply your home's taxable value by .00145.
Enter your home's taxable value: $