Canton Liberty Fest
CANTON’S 29TH ANNUAL LIBERTY FEST:
THURSDAY, JUNE 18 - SATURDAY, JUNE 20, 2020
Preparations are well underway for Canton’s largest annual community festival, which offers three action-packed days of fun for the whole family in beautiful Heritage Park.
Interested in attending this year’s Liberty Fest as a Vendor? Please contact the Marketplace Coordinator Opens in New Window for more information.
Important New Festival Waste Reduction Information
In an effort to be more responsible about the potential environmental impact of an event this well-attended, and with the intention of putting new practices in place that will ensure that our operations are more sustainable for future generations, we are excited to partner with Zero Waste Event Productions in 2020. This highly reputable social enterprise helps festivals decrease their environmental footprint by diverting waste from the landfill though waste reduction, recycling, and composting. While Zero Waste is the ultimate end goal with the Festival, it is unlikely that we will achieve this in our first year. However, using their waste sorting and diversion model could help us divert more than half of the Festival’s waste from ending up in the landfill, while also educating attendees about the importance of recycling.
Here’s how YOU can help be a part of this important effort:
- Please consider using compost buckets for appropriate food scraps, which will be provided to food vendors at no cost, and emptied regularly by volunteers/staff throughout the Festival.
- Please break down cardboard, gather other clean recyclables (tin, bottles, aluminum), and make a neat pile behind your trailer/booth/workspace for our Zero Waste crew to pick up as they make their rounds.
- Ask for bags from our Zero Waste crew if and when you need them.
- Think carefully about any potential promotional giveaways at your booth. Please consider eco-friendly or reusable items!
- Clean your space thoroughly before you depart the event.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us in advance of the Festival with related questions or concerns. As Liberty Fest crowds continue to grow annually (exceeding an estimated 50,000), it’s imperative that we do our part in minimizing our impact to the environment. We are thankful for your support in this important new Festival initiative! Please GO GREEN with us in 2020!
Interested in being a Major Sponsor at Liberty Fest or a Restaurant Sponsor for Taste of Liberty Fest? Please contact Opens in New Window Opens in New Window Opens in New Window Advantage Marketing Solutions Opens in New Window for more information.
The Charter Township of Canton is currently welcoming vendors other that food concession stands/sellers for the Canton Liberty Fest. (This is not strictly an Arts & Craft Show.)
Marketplace Map Opens in New Window (PDF)
If you’d like to participate as a food vendor, email our Recreation Specialist to request an application that will be mailed to you.
- Exciting Carnival Rides
- Fun Midway Games
- Two Stages of Live Entertainment
- Taste of Liberty Fest
- Festival Grand Finale Fireworks
- Car and Truck Show in partnership with United Street Machine Assoc. Check back for online registration.
As always, entry into the festival grounds is free. Canton’s largest community celebration continues its tradition of offering plenty of fabulous fun for all ages, so don’t miss this year’s festivities!
If you would like to be involved as a performer or attraction, please email our Marketplace Coordinator Opens in New Window .
Lace up the sneakers and join us Saturday morning for the 6th Annual Liberty Run and take part in 5K, 10K, & Family Fun Runs June 20, 2020! Details at www.CantonLibertyRun.com Opens in New Window
- Market Place Vendors
- Canton Lion Club’s Annual Pancake Breakfast
- Liberty Fest Beer and Wine Garden (formally known at the Adult Beverage Tent)
To ensure a successful Liberty Fest, we rely on quite a large number of volunteers. If you are interested in helping with this year’s event, please complete a volunteer application Opens in New Window for the areas you would be willing to help out with. For more information please contact the volunteer coordinator via email or by phone at 734/394-5360.
Please, no pets, roller-blades or skateboards. Bikes should be parked in the free corrals located at main festival entry points. Parents are responsible for the direct supervision of their children at all times.